1. Bookings policy, deposit and balance payment :
The trips are run (almost) every day, throughout the year as this area can provide excellent birding at any time. Check the calendar for the available dates and the list of birds you can hope to see.
A maximum of 8 participants can be taken on each trip.
For a better organization, the minimum lead time to book for a trip in the area of the Der Chantecoq lake is 7 days and 14 days for a trip to Lorraine. You can check the available dates on our site.
The reservation for a trip will only be considered confirmed once I confirm you by an e-mail or a phone call that I have received from you your deposit of 25%. Payment of the deposit has to be made in Euros only by credit card.
Full payment for the trip must be made on the starting day, before we leave for the trip. The price will be adjusted to the number of participants.
At short notice, you can call my mobile phone (0033 6 84 09 84 06)) , to know whether it is possible to join a scheduled trip or not. In this case, the total payment will be made on the starting date, before we leave for the trip.
Revervation for a participation to a trip confirms that you have accepted « BIRDER »’s conditions and terms.
If you cancel your participation to a trip more than 7 days before the starting date, you can :
ð either choose to participate to another identical trip within one year ( with no supplement, even in case the rates would change)
ð or get a refund of your deposit minus 10 euros. There will be no refund for a deposit of less than 10 euros.
If you decide to cancel your participation less than 7 days before the starting date, you can only choose to participate to another identical trip within one year but, otherwise, your deposit is not refundable.
Please, note that a trip can be cancelled on the starting date in case of adverse weather conditions (fog, heavy rain, snow…) or other unsuitable conditions if both the participants and I agree. In this case, the trip can either be postponed within the next 12 months or be refunded. In such a case full refund of the trip price paid to date will constitute full settlement to the participants
Rates and conditions :
Services included :
– Transportation in a minibus from a meeting point fixed according to the chosen trip. Free pick up from your accomodation can be arranged if the distance does not exceed 20 km from Droyes (my village) but only if all the participants stay in the same accomodation or village. (otherwise, add 0,50 euros per extra km).
– a hot or cold non alcoholic drink for a half day trip , same thing in the morning and in the afternoon for a full day trip. Meals are not included in the price
– A spotting scope with tripod is provided for the group, participants should be equipped with good binoculars.
– Guidance and explanations about the birds, in English and French.
Our rates are all taxes included and apply until December 31st of each year.
Insurance and responsibility :
All participants must conform to the guide’s advice and instructions and areare strongly advised to take steps to ensure that all valuables are covered against damage, loss, or theft,
Your guide’s insurance only covers the facts he might be responsible for during the trip (which excludes lunch break) and he cannot be considered responsible for an accident caused by anybody else or due to a lack of vigilance of adults in charge of children.
Any loss or damage to the property of BIRDER caused by a the conduct or negligence of any participant will have to be refunded in full.
For any litigation , the courts within the competence of the
organizer are qualified.
Please note that :
– Smoking is forbidden in the minibus.
– Dogs are not accepted.
– If you wish to try for one or several particular species, please send your wish list or contact us when you book for the trip as a customized trip can only be organized if all the members of a group share the same interest. You can check the list of the birds which are likely to be seen when you come on our site.
– Birds are wild animals and no sightings of any species can be guaranteed. BIRDER will not be held responsible for clients not seeing any particular species.